Dear UALA Members,
In celebration of National Assisted Living Week, the Utah Assisted Living Association Board would like to recognize each assisted living community in the State of Utah for providing quality care and heartfelt services to those who call assisted living "home". This annual event "provides a unique opportunity for residents, their loved ones, staff, volunteers and surrounding communities to celebrate the individuals served in assisted living". This year's theme of Family is Forever pays tribute to each staff member's commitment, dedication and hard work as they treat each resident as family. We appreciate all the efforts each community is doing to celebrate and recognize National Assisted Living Week.
Membership in Action -UALA would like to thank all those assisted living communities and long term care professionals who rallied together recently to provide support to Mountain Ridge Assisted Living & Memory Care in South Ogden. When fire officials told them to evacuate all their residents as the fire in Weber County threatened the community, our industry quickly rallied together to provide support. Even though we compete for the same business, we all know the safety of our residents come first and foremost.
The Utah Assisted Living Association continues to work diligently to fulfill our Mission and we welcome each of you to join us in the following upcoming UALA events:
• October 10th, 11th and 1ith -Administrator Certification Class.
• October 12th - Attend Rules & Regulations Course taught by Carmen Richins from State Licensing followed by Dementia Training Certification which meets the annual 4 hour dementia training requirement for Administrators.
• November 16th - Membership Meeting "How Alzheimer's Disease is Impacting the State of Utah" by Ronnie Daniel, Executive Director of the Alzheimer's Association Utah Chapter.
Thursday, November 16, 2017 (11:30 a.m.- 2:00 p.m)
Legacy Village of Sugar House: 1212 E. Wilmington Ave. Salt Lake City, Utah 84121 801-486-6000
“How Alzheimer’s Disease is and will Impact the State of Utah.”
Speaker will be Ronnie Daniel, The Executive Director of Alzheimer’s Association, Utah Chapter
Please RSVP to Corey Fairholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-949-3585 by Monday, November 13, 2017. First person from an UALA member facility is free. Additional people from member facility are $20 Non- UALA Member is $25
• February 8th - Advocacy Day on Capitol Hill - Utah.
• May 8th -Annual Utah Assisted Living Association Conference at Davis Conference Center
To promote the concept of assisted living throughout the State of Utah. To increase knowledge and improve skills of our members. To assist regulatory bodies in defining standards as they apply to the management of senior housing.